- 1. Polish your instrument with a silver cloth or lacquer cloth.
- 2. Oil the bearings and lever linkages sparingly - a few drops will suffice. If your linkages are
a string type keep the oil away from the string as this will weaken the string.
we highly recommend that you follow these guidelines:
- 1. Clean your mouthpiece at least on a weekly basis (not with hot water).
- 2. Never share other players' mouthpieces.
- 3. The use of Sterisol when cleaning would be advisable.
- 1. Oil the rotors by placing a few drops of rotor oil down each tuning slide leg.
- 2. Check the condition of the linkage string. If there are excessive signs of wear seek our advice about replacement.
- 3. Wipe the tuning slides clean with a lint free cloth and re-grease using slide grease taking care not to over grease.
- 1. Flush out the instrument with lukewarm water and clean the tuning slides using a flexible brush taking care not to get the brush stuck as the brush will not go around all of the bends.
- 2. Carry out all the procedures above.
If you have any doubts or queries please call us on 01628 630 800 and we will be glad to advise you.