The Selmer Reference series Saxophones have helped put Selmer back in their rightful place at the top of the Sax Manufacturing tree.
Supplied in two versions here we focus on the Selmer Reference 36: The 36 number refers back to 1936 when the famous Balanced Action model was first produced. Far from being a pastiche copy the new Reference 36 takes the feel, sound and spirit of the Balanced Action and re-imagines it to suit the requirements of modern Saxophonists.
Featuring a slightly wider bow to bell junction and a modified bore shape in the neck, the 36 has a richer warmer sound than the Ref 54 which is a bit more compact and centred. The key layout is also slightly different with the 36 feeling a little closer and more easily in reach than the slightly more spread key layout of the Ref 54.
The rich gold lacquer finish also nods the head back to the darker more amber coloured lacquer Selmer used in the pre-war age. With a hand engraved bell and Reference series case included the Ref 36 not only plays the part but its looks match the premium quality we have come to expect from Selmer in the 21st century.
- Handmade in Paris, France by highly experienced craftsmen.
- The Ref 36 has a slightly wider bell to bow junction for a broad rich tone.
- The Ref 36 neck is based on a classic Balanced Action shape.
- The key layout is compact and easy to navigate across the whole range.
- Supplied in a deluxe Reference series case with relevant premium accessories.
We ship to a large number of Countries. Select at the
As a specialist we stock large amounts of Woodwind & Brass Instruments and Accessories
Dawkes Music have been voted best Classical Music shop