The Wood Stone 'New Vintage' Tenor Saxophones are the result of years of technical expertise and know-how from the wonderful technicians at Ishimori, Japan.
The Ishimori repair centre/shop in Japan is regarded by some of the worlds finest sax players as THE mecca of Saxophone repair and customisation. Out of the years of experience of these highly skilled Technicians comes the Wood Stone 'New Vintage' Tenor Sax; a culmination of their technical expertise, coupled with the meticulous study of vintage saxes of years gone by with the application of modern design and acoustical advances.
The VL model is an rich gold vintage lacquer finish, this gives the Sax a resonant and lively tone. The lacquer itself is thin and hard to bring the optimum resonance from the tube. The detailing of design and finishing of these Saxophones is second to none, let's have a look at some of the more unique features:
1. The neck features a vintage style exterior with slimline keywork for a rapid, accurate action. The internals are modelled on the finest vintage necks in history (Selmer MKVI #90,000) that have been meticulously studied and enhanced to balance the tuning scale and response on these 'New Vintage' models.
2. Instead of using glue at the body/bow and bow/bell joins they are soldered together. This allows the tube to act 'as one' and resonate freely with no dulling or dumbing down of the vibrations at these key acoustical points.
3. The comfortable thumb hook is designed to leave space between the fitting and the body, this again allows for maximum resonance and a freedom of the brass.
4. Even the neck screws are scrutinised and produced from a special alloy to enhance the resonance at this key acoustic point of the instrument.
5. The Thumb Rest is made of hard rubber (ebonite). The density and material of this small component can make a big difference to the resonance, response and warmth of the Sax.
6. The internal bore shaping is a modified vintage design which perfectly balances the neck measurements. This ensures a very even tone from top to bottom and also rock solid intonation.
7. The key layout has again been the subject of much research and design. The Ishimori president (Tomochika Ishimori) has years of experience modifying all sorts of Saxophones to fit perfectly under the fingers. These concepts and his personal design ideas about the springing have been applied to the 'New Vintage' Sax range.
8. The outfit is supplied in a deluxe hard case with shoulder straps and an optional front and back pocket. It really is a luxurious case with some cleaning accessories included. (no mouthpiece or ligature supplied)
Buy with confidence knowing that the shop you're dealing with has been voted by the public as the 'Best Classical Instrument Shop' in the UK in 3 of the last 4 years. (Music Industry Association Awards 2011, 2012 & 2014).
Dawkes Music also achieved 99% satisfaction in 2014 and 2015 from thousands of independent customer reviews and was awarded the Feefo Gold Award for customer service.
Try your item at home, in a lesson, in the band and make sure it's perfect for you. If you are not convinced we can refund the item in full upon return. (£3 re-stocking fee on any mouthpieces, approval not available on reeds).
All in stock items are usually dispatched within 24 hours, express delivery options are available at the checkout, including next day delivery.
We carefully choose and stock the best products on the market, be it the newest mouthpiece or official replacement spare parts for instruments.
We keep over 8,000 lines in stock covering everything Woodwind & Brass.
We carefully check pricing to ensure our customers get the best deals with unrivalled pre-sale advice and after-sales care.
We have 18 members of staff in-store and on the telephone 6 days a week, and our online service is 24/7. Experience you can trust with over 40 years in the business and a third generation specialist family business.
If you own a Wood Stone New Vintage VL Model - Tenor Sax, why not add a review? We show all reviews, good or bad as long as they relate to the product.
All instruments are serviced in our workshops prior to sale. This ensures the best mechanical condition possible.
Any instrument is available on a week trial. Take it to the lesson, play it in the band, make sure it's right for you. If not, we refund the full cost, no quibbles, minus any shipping.
All Second Hand Instruments sold come with a full 6 months warranty which covers any routine adjustments you may need.
We only sell quality brand used instruments. Careful checks are made before instruments are bought in to ensure it's in good condition and has been well cared for previously.
With the pre sales checks and 7 day approval there is no safer way to obtain a used instrument.
Need some help selecting an instrument or want more information? Please contact us and one of our musicians will get back to you soon.
It looks like the Wood Stone New Vintage VL Model - Tenor Sax is out of stock or not showing up on the website.
If you want any further information about this product, please fill out the form below.
Finance is available on selected products only.
Our best finance offers can be selected by clicking the dropdown. A deposit of 10% or 25% is payable on all finance orders.
The finance process is instant.
There are no forms for you to sign and you will know instantly whether or not you have been approved for credit.
Your order will take no longer to arrive than if you paid by credit card!
To purchase this product on finance, simply click the orange Apply button and you'll be taken to the Close Brothers web site. This is where your finance application is processed.
Assuming your application is accepted you'll be able to place your deposit and confirm your order right there. There are no forms to sign!
The contents of your application will be assessed and you will receive an instant approval or refusal of credit.
In exceptional cases, your order will be held for manual assessment and you can expect to be notified by email of the credit decision within a few working hours.
If your finance application is accepted and you pay the deposit, your order will come through to us and we'll send you the goods.
Monthly repayments will be taken by direct debit. Your finance agreement starts when you receive your goods. You don't start repaying your loan until a month after you have received your order.
You have 14 days from the receipt of your order to change your mind about the purchase.
If you wish to keep the goods but cancel the finance, all you have to do is contact us and pay for the order via an alternative means (i.e. a credit card).
We will then cancel your credit agreement and Close Brothers will return your deposit. If you don't wish to keep the goods, then you must return your order to us in the same condition that you received it, at which point we will cancel the agreement and Deko will return your deposit.
Close Brothers Retail Finance is a trading style of Close Brothers Limited - a subsidiary of Close Brothers Group plc. Close Brothers Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered Address: 10 Crown Place, London EC2A 4FT. Registered at Companies House Number 195626.
All products * are available on 14 day home approval.
Try the item at your own leisure in your home or at a band, rehearsal or concert etc.
We know that getting the equipment into the real world is the best way to test it to make sure you're 100% happy. If not, we refund the full value of the item no quibbles, less any postage costs (less £3 cleaning fee on mouthpieces).
* Does not apply to 'special order' items
Special Order items are ordered to fulfil customer orders only and are not normally kept in stock.
Special order terms are covered by a special set of Terms and Conditions.
We will try to ensure any delivery date is upheld but supply times can vary due to situations out of our control and we cannot accept responsibility or offer any refunds in such scenarios.
This item is no longer manufactured and is available while stocks last.
All orders received before 2pm GMT on standard working days (Mon-Sat) will be despatched on the same day. Please note this does not include Sundays, bank holidays and public holidays.