Yanagisawa are finally completing their wide ranging upgrade series with the introduction of the new BW Baritone Saxophones.
The BWO1 replaces the old B901 model that has for many years been the 'go to' Baritone Sax for a majority of players. Since 2000 the B901 has been our top selling Baritone Sax and if the rest of the Yanagisawa Sax upgrade program is anything to go by we'll find the BWO1 carrying on where the B901 left off.
Like the rest of the changes in the AW, SW and TW series, the BW Baritone benefits from a re-designed tube, bore and tone-hole scale. This essentially means Yanagisawa have fundamentally improved and re-organised the very core of this instrument to ensure even more stable tuning, flexibility of tone and balance from top to bottom of the tone colours.
The BW Baritone series also features:
- A newly designed right hand key guard to protect the keys and adjusting mechanisms
- A re-designed low A thumb key - This new design allows for quicker and easier deployment of the low A and rolling on/off
- A new brass plate has been added to the neck pipe to thicken the sound in the middle and upper registers
- New right hand pinky key shaping (low Eb/low C) for improved ergonomics and quicker response
- The sling ring has been moved to re-balance the instrument more evenly
We're extremely impressed with this new BWO1 Baritone Sax from Yanagisawa. It manages to improve on something we thought was pretty untouchable already in the old B901 model. This instrument feels great under the fingers in terms of positioning and balance and now the tone is even meatier and more evenly proportioned than ever before.¬†
We ship to a large number of Countries. Select at the
As a specialist we stock large amounts of Woodwind & Brass Instruments and Accessories
Dawkes Music have been voted best Classical Music shop