The New Yanagisawa TWO20U replaces the long standing¬†and¬†popular T992UL¬†model. The unlacquered finish of the TWO20U means it will tarnish within months and give that real, earthy, vintage look to the Sax. We find the unlacquered models also have an extra bite and brightness in the sound, this is due to the raw brass being allowed to resonate freely without the layer of lacquer.
The body is made of Bronze (a mix of copper and tin) rather than the TWO10's brass construction (copper and zinc). This difference in core material affects the tone and the bronze models tend to have a softer, warmer, broader tone than the more direct and punchy sound of a brass TWO10 model. Although arguably the Unlacquered version of this TWO20U brings an extra bite and quality that you would normally only find in a brass Sax.
The New TWO20 range really does have some major modifications whilst retaining the classic Yanagisawa sound and feel that have made them so popular.
- The bore size and tone hole size and positioning has all been modified. This is the core of how a Sax plays in terms of response, intonation and resonance.
- Yanagisawa are using a different source of brass; the mix and quality of zinc and copper can affect the resonance in particular, much testing was done to ensure the best tonal possibility from a new source of core brass.
- The right hand 'pinky' keys (low Eb + low C) have been modified in shape and feel to faciliate faster finger movement at the bottom of the instrument.
- The front F key has been ergonomically re-designed to sit more easily under the players finger when operated.
- Additional 'feet' have been added under the right hand side keys (Bb, C and high E) - this is to basically give the mechanism more support and a more positive 'feel' for the player when depressing the key.
Finishing off the outfit is a new case and new engraving which of course is all wholly aesthetic but a nice touch nonetheless.
In summary this new Yanagisawa TWO20 range offers a depth and full range of tonal colours, this is due in part to the moderate resistance that is present compared to the TWO2 series, the extra ribs and plates that run down the body help attach the key posts with more support and strength to the resonating body tube.
We ship to a large number of Countries. Select at the
As a specialist we stock large amounts of Woodwind & Brass Instruments and Accessories
Dawkes Music have been voted best Classical Music shop