The Altus Company, founded by Shuichi Tanaka, produces handmade flutes in the town of Azumino in Japan. Altus is one of the most innovative companies when it comes to alloying and new ways of construction. The flute is looked upon as a piece of art, and Altus is relying on the European tradition of flute craftsmanship (Lot and Boehm).
At the top of the Artist series the 1107 models have a .958 Brittania silver handmade headjoint and .958 Brittania silver body and footjoint. This complete tube in Brittania silver gives a full, rich tone with added strength, width and depth over the 1007 which has the .925 tube. The extra grade of Silver (Brittania) really shows in the power of the 1107.
- Supplied with S cut headjoint for flexibility, ease of play and rich tone.
- Closed hole model.
- handmade .958 Brittania silver headjoint gives a bright, flexible tone.
- .958 Brittania silver body and footjoint.
- special soldered C# tone hole riser
- C Foot (B Foot available to special order)
We ship to a large number of Countries. Select at the
As a specialist we stock large amounts of Woodwind & Brass Instruments and Accessories
Dawkes Music have been voted best Classical Music shop