The MoBa was born from a desire to improve everything and sacrifice nothing. When it was released, it set its own path, but unrelenting artists took note and lead the way. Soon the whole clarinet world was turned on its head, and the MoBa became a modern classic that’s been referred to as the “Stradivarius of the clarinet world.”
Today’s MoBa blends modern CNC technology with tried and true hands-on craftsmanship, and each one is built right here in Canada. Its increased resistance and dark tone colour make it the perfect match for today’s soloists, orchestral players, and those who give their all to their craft.
The Cocobolo wood is generally agreed to give a warmer, richer and more delicate tonal hue than the Grenadilla which has more power and projection. Our suggestion is to try both if possible to get an understanding of what suits you best.
- Backun acoustical design with selected matching upper and lower joints made from highly figured, aged and exotic woods.
- Automatic Low F Vent activated from register key for unrivalled tuning and voicing throughout the registers.
- Precision fit keywork on a unique proprietary posting system manufactured in-house for long-term reliability and true touch sensitivity.
- Backun modular posting system designed to make key fitting and refitting precise and effortless.
- Carbon fibre and titanium socket fittings for upper and lower joints ensures an uncompromising fit and airt tight long lasting seal.
- Sculpted inline trill key design with enlarged finger buttons and an independent guide system to maintain superior alignment.
- Ergonomic and unique thumbrest that is fully adjustable by the player to aid in correct and comfortable hand positioning.
- Supplied with two MoBa barrels; 66mm and 65mm.
- Supplied with MoBa exotic wood bell.
- Supplied in a luxury case.
We ship to a large number of Countries. Select at the
As a specialist we stock large amounts of Woodwind & Brass Instruments and Accessories
Dawkes Music have been voted best Classical Music shop