The Wood Stone 'New Vintage' Alto Saxophones are the result of years of technical expertise and know-how from the wonderful technicians at Ishimori, Japan.
The Ishimori repair centre/shop in Japan is regarded by some of the worlds finest sax players as THE mecca of Saxophone repair and customisation. Out of the years of experience of these highly skilled Technicians comes the Wood Stone 'New Vintage' Alto Sax; a culmination of their technical expertise, coupled with the meticulous study of vintage saxes of years gone by with the application of modern design and acoustical advances.
The VL model has a rich gold vintage lacquer finish, this gives the sax a resonant and lively tone. The lacquer itself is thin and hard to bring the optimum resonance from the tube. The detailing of design and finishing of these Saxophones is second to none, let's have a look at some of the more unique features:
1. The neck features a vintage style exterior with slimline keywork for a rapid, accurate action. The internals are modelled on the finest vintage necks in history (Selmer MKVI #90,000) that have been meticulously studied and enhanced to balance the tuning scale and response on these 'New Vintage' models.
2. Instead of using glue at the body/bow and bow/bell joins they are soldered together. This allows the tube to act 'as one' and resonate freely with no dulling or dumbing down of the vibrations at these key acoustical points.
3. The comfortable thumb hook is designed to leave space between the fitting and the body, this again allows for maximum resonance and a freedom of the brass.
4. Even the neck screws are scrutinised and produced from a special alloy to enhance the resonance at this key acoustic point of the instrument.
5. The internal bore shaping is a modified vintage design which perfectly balances the neck measurements. This ensures a very even tone from top to bottom and also rock solid intonation.
6. The key layout has again been the subject of much research and design. The Ishimori president (Tomochika Ishimori) has years of experience modifying all sorts of Saxophones to fit perfectly under the fingers. These concepts and his personal design ideas about the springing have been applied to the 'New Vintage' Sax range.
7. The outfit is supplied in a deluxe hard case with shoulder straps and an optional front and back pocket. It really is a luxurious case with some cleaning accessories included. (no mouthpiece or ligature supplied)
We have a variety of testing environments instore for customers to experience and enjoy. Our range of testing rooms are available to pre-book and we can even reserve stock in advance so if you're making a jouney to see us we can be prepared to make it a special experience for you.
Our specialist trained staff are able to help you. Please contact us or call us on 01628 630800
Dawkes Music & Windcraft Ltd are a globally recognised UK based Music Industry company that have expert staff who specialise in products, performance, teaching and repairing in the brass and woodwind sector.
Purchasing a first Instrument outright need not be an expensive risk with our buy-back scheme. Return your Instrument in good condition within 6 months and we will refund 90% of the purchase price less the original VAT paid.
|Your original purchase price:||£3,845.00|
|We deduct the original VAT paid||£-640.83|
|We make a charge of 10%||£-320.42|
|Total Amount Refunded||£2,883.75|
|Total Cost for 6 Months use||£961.25|
Purchasing outside the UK means you do not have to pay the 20% VAT. However, you may have to pay tax/charges in your own country - check with your local tax office if unsure.
Once you add item(s) to the basket and select your country (as below), the price shown will exclude VAT.
We charge in UK Pounds (less tax) and your card company/PayPal will convert this amount to your local currency.
Foreign orders received before 14:00 (Mon-Fri) are despatched the same day using a tracked and insured service. All Instruments are quality checked by our own workshop prior to despatch.