The Wood Stone 'New Vintage' Tenor Saxophones are the result of years of technical expertise and know-how from the wonderful technicians at Ishimori, Japan. This is the New Vintage model without the top F# key. The idea of this is to remove the tone hole this requires in the upper part of the main tube. The theory being that the removal of this tone hole modifies the flow of air in this important area of the Sax, and thus affects the resistance level and overall feel the player experiences.
The Ishimori repair centre/shop in Japan is regarded by some of the worlds finest sax players as THE mecca of Saxophone repair and customisation. Out of the years of experience of these highly skilled Technicians comes the Wood Stone 'New Vintage' Tenor Sax; a culmination of their technical expertise, coupled with the meticulous study of vintage saxes of years gone by with the application of modern design and acoustical advances.
The VL model is an rich gold vintage lacquer finish, this gives the Sax a resonant and lively tone. The lacquer itself is thin and hard to bring the optimum resonance from the tube. The detailing of design and finishing of these Saxophones is second to none, let's have a look at some of the more unique features:
1. The neck features a vintage style exterior with slimline keywork for a rapid, accurate action. The internals are modelled on the finest vintage necks in history (Selmer MKVI #90,000) that have been meticulously studied and enhanced to balance the tuning scale and response on these 'New Vintage' models.
2. Instead of using glue at the body/bow and bow/bell joins they are soldered together. This allows the tube to act 'as one' and resonate freely with no dulling or dumbing down of the vibrations at these key acoustical points.
3. The comfortable thumb hook is designed to leave space between the fitting and the body, this again allows for maximum resonance and a freedom of the brass.
4. Even the neck screws are scrutinised and produced from a special alloy to enhance the resonance at this key acoustic point of the instrument.
5. The Thumb Rest is made of hard rubber (ebonite). The density and material of this small component can make a big difference to the resonance, response and warmth of the Sax.
6. The internal bore shaping is a modified vintage design which perfectly balances the neck measurements. This ensures a very even tone from top to bottom and also rock solid intonation.
7. The key layout has again been the subject of much research and design. The Ishimori president (Tomochika Ishimori) has years of experience modifying all sorts of Saxophones to fit perfectly under the fingers. These concepts and his personal design ideas about the springing have been applied to the 'New Vintage' Sax range.
8. The outfit is supplied in a deluxe hard case with shoulder straps and an optional front and back pocket. It really is a luxurious case with some cleaning accessories included. (no mouthpiece or ligature supplied)
9. This model is manufactured without the high F# key
We have a variety of testing environments instore for customers to experience and enjoy. Our range of testing rooms are available to pre-book and we can even reserve stock in advance so if you're making a jouney to see us we can be prepared to make it a special experience for you.
Our specialist trained staff are able to help you. Please contact us or call us on 01628 630800
Dawkes Music & Windcraft Ltd are a globally recognised UK based Music Industry company that have expert staff who specialise in products, performance, teaching and repairing in the brass and woodwind sector.
Purchasing a first Instrument outright need not be an expensive risk with our buy-back scheme. Return your Instrument in good condition within 6 months and we will refund 90% of the purchase price less the original VAT paid.
|Your original purchase price:||£4,138.00|
|We deduct the original VAT paid||£-689.67|
|We make a charge of 10%||£-344.83|
|Total Amount Refunded||£3,103.50|
|Total Cost for 6 Months use||£1,034.50|