Product InformationThis is the NEW model Eric Miyashiro Trumpet from Yamaha, with the model code YTR-8330EM. Designed in partnership with the internationally acclaimed artist Eric Miyashiro, this model is an updated and improved version of the original EM trumpet.
Known for it's powerful and responsive tone, Yamaha have revamped the EM model to be even easier to play and control, especially across the high-register. The main goal of this re-design, and that of the 8335LA that has also had a new update, was to improve efficiency, delivery an excellent tone definition, retain and improve a great control throughout all registers and delivery rich harmonics with a versatile tonality.
Yamaha have achieved these goals through a series of technical modifications and improvements. The primary changes being:
New Two-Piece Brass Valve Casing
New Step Bore Design
- The valve casing is the beating heart of the Trumpet
- The raw materials, production process and braces have been re-designed and improved
- This delivers a more powerful tone, optimal resistance and feeling of vibrancy
The original EM model (8340EM) was technically a large multi-bore design. On the new 8330EM this has been modified to a medium-large step bore.
New Phosphor Bronze Parts
- The main tuning slide has a large bore
- The valve slides have a medium-large bore
- The pistons have a medium bore
- This new bore set-up feels more comfortable for the vast majority of players making this a more manageable instrument
Other New Modifications:
- The shape, weight and material of all the caps and screws was analysed to see how they could be improved
- For the first time in the Yamaha Trumpet range they have introduced phosphor bronze parts
- With player testing the new parts were found to add sizzle in louder dynamics but also increase depth when playing softly
- The top and bottom valve caps are made of phosphor bronze
- The 3rd slide stopper screw is a new design for these 2nd Gen Jazz Models (EM/LA)
- The 8330EM leadpipe and mouthpiece receiver have been designed to optimise the resistance and improve high note control
- A new and unique tuning slide brace shape has been designed to reduced resistance at that point of the instrument and even out the resonance across the range
- This Trumpet is supplied with the TR-EM1-MK2 mouthpiece - this has a 16.02mm inner diameter, thin rim thickness, semi-round rim contour, shallow cup depth, 3.65mm throat and a narrow backbone
- Yamaha also produce an EM2-MK2 mouthpiece which is available to buy separately. It features a larger inner diameter of 16.22mm but otherwise is identical to the EM1-MK2
Need Help with this item?
Our specialist trained staff are able to help you. Please contact us or call us on 01628 630800
Why Buy from Dawkes Music?
Dawkes Music & Windcraft Ltd are a globally recognised UK based Music Industry company that have expert staff who specialise in products, performance, teaching and repairing in the brass and woodwind sector.
Buy with confidence knowing that the shop you're dealing with has been awared a Feefo Gold Trusted Retailer award which recognises our hard work and consistent excellent customer service.
14 Day Approval
Try your item at home, in a lesson, in the band and make sure it's perfect for you. If you are not convinced we can refund the item in full upon return. (£3 re-stocking fee on any mouthpieces, approval not available on reeds).
All in stock items are usually dispatched within 24 hours, express delivery options are available at the checkout, including next day delivery.
We carefully choose and stock the best products on the market, be it the newest mouthpiece or official replacement spare parts for instruments. We keep over 8,000 lines in stock covering everything Woodwind & Brass.
We carefully check pricing to ensure our customers get the best deals with unrivalled pre-sale advice and after-sales care.
Top Quality After Sales Service
We have 18 members of staff in-store and on the telephone 6 days a week, and our online service is 24/7. Experience you can trust with over 40 years in the business and a third generation specialist family business.