Finance is available on all orders over £250. Click the plus icon above, or the V12 logo to see our range of finance options.
To apply for finance, please add the product to your basket. Visit the basket page and click the V12 Retail Finance button where you can complete the application online. You will be able to choose your finance term including deposit amount and monthly instalments.
The New Yanagisawa AWO2 range replaces the long standing A902 model.The body is made of Bronze (a mix of copper and tin) rather than the AWO1's brass construction (copper and zinc). This difference in core material affects the tone and the bronze models tend to have a softer, warmer, broader tone than the more direct and punchy sound of a brass AWO1 model.
This first level Yanagisawa has long been popular with upgrading players and also more experienced saxophonists. The price has always been attractive to players wanting a first 'serious' upgrade, although you may find it in some 'intermediate' lists all Yanagisawas are really pro instruments: Handmade in Japan to the most exacting standards with industry leading materials and precision.
The New AWO2 model really does have some major modifications whilst retaining the classic Yanagisawa sound and feel that have made them so popular.
- The bore size and tone hole size and positioning has all been modified. This is the core of how a Sax plays in terms of response, intonation and resonance.
- Yanagisawa are using a different source of brass; the mix and quality of zinc, copper and tin can affect the resonance in particular, much testing was done to ensure the best tonal possibility from a new source of core brass.
- The right hand 'pinky' keys (low Eb + low C) have been modified in shape and feel to faciliate faster finger movement at the bottom of the instrument.
- The front F key has been ergonomically re-designed to sit more easily under the players finger when operated.
- Additional 'feet' have been added under the right hand side keys (Bb, C and high E) - this is to basically give the mechanism more support and a more positive 'feel' for the player when depressing the key.
- The AW range also benefits from a new strengthening plate on the front of the crook, this is essentially to add core weight around the neck area which can result in the player feeling more strength to the sound.
- Finally for body spec changes there has been a new plate added to the left hand palm key area, this should provide some extra resonance (and arguably projection) especially on those notes as it adds core weight to the corresponding area of the tube.
We have a variety of testing environments instore for customers to experience and enjoy. Our range of testing rooms are available to pre-book and we can even reserve stock in advance so if you're making a jouney to see us we can be prepared to make it a special experience for you.
Our specialist trained staff are able to help you. Please contact us or call us on 01628 630800
Great sound and feel very well made
Dawkes Music & Windcraft Ltd are a globally recognised UK based Music Industry company that have expert staff who specialise in products, performance, teaching and repairing in the brass and woodwind sector.
Purchasing a first Instrument outright need not be an expensive risk with our buy-back scheme. Return your Instrument in good condition within 6 months and we will refund 90% of the purchase price less the original VAT paid.
|Your original purchase price:||£3,029.00|
|We deduct the original VAT paid||£-504.83|
|We make a charge of 10%||£-252.42|
|Total Amount Refunded||£2,271.75|
|Total Cost for 6 Months use||£757.25|