Following on from the successful release of their Select Jazz Alto mouthpiece 18 months ago come the new Select Jazz Tenor mouthpiece from D'Addario. This is the result of a vast amount of research and testing, plus discussions with top players about what they need in this day and age.
The result? A very versatile, flexible and enjoyable mouthpiece to play that has plenty of power, warmth and projection. We're seriously impressed with the value for money and this new mouthpiece outperforms the Otto Link and Meyer equivalents of years gone by.
Read more about it on our Saxophone Blog.
ABOUT SELECT JAZZ
- Expertly-designed and made in the USA from foreign materials by a team of top musicians and engineers
- Milled, not molded, from solid rod rubber, using D’Addario’s precise computer-controlled mouthpiece-making technology
- No hand-finishing
- Medium chamber and facing length
- Available in tip openings: 6, 7, 8
WHY SELECT JAZZ?
- Captures the classic sound and response of the most sought-after vintage mouthpieces
- Even intonation across the entire range of the saxophone
- Exceptional versatility for all styles of jazz
- Ideal for the professional player or advancing student.
Anonymous review via Feefo
comfortable and what I was expecting
This is a really great mouthpiece. I had read the hype and decided to give it a try, but to be honest I was expecting it to be too hard for me to play as I am currently using a Jody Jazz HR 5, which has an 85 tip opening, while the D'Addario 6 has a 100 tip. I was surprised at how easy it was to blow - only very slightly harder than the Jody Jazz. The sound is quite a bit brighter than the Jody Jazz, with more buzz, but it has a much more resonant tone, full of harmonic complexity. Highly recommend it.
We ship to a large number of Countries. Select at the
As a specialist we stock large amounts of Woodwind & Brass Instruments and Accessories
Dawkes Music have been voted best Classical Music shop